Sunday, August 4, 2013

I Feel Pretty!



As I mentioned in my last entry, I just spent a week at The Lake. It was gloriously relaxing, being out in the wilderness with no access to the outside world. I love technology and am an admitted Facebook junkie, but balance is always good and I can’t remember the last time I was quite as relaxed as I was while kayaking through a secluded channel at sunset.

 




And as I also mentioned in my last entry, I recently did a photo shoot with my friend Anne. Anne finished editing the pictures while I was on vacation, and coming home to a virtual album full of beautifully edited shots was such a treat! As I’ve said before, Anne does amazing work, and I am so glad we had the opportunity to work together.

So this is going to be one of those annoying blog posts full of self-congratulatory pictures. Consider yourself warned, and proceed at your own risk, but AREN’T THEY SO PRETTY?! And introducing my new outfit - the Swiss waist ensemble! (As a side note, all photos in this entry are courtesy of Anne Victoria Photography and may not be used without permission.)


I've had this hat for six years...I think it was waiting for the right outfit.




A fabulous prize for anyone who can figure out what book I'm reading...



Recognize the lace veil?

I'm channeling Eugenie here

I'm not always serious...







I don’t generally consider myself a photogenic person, but Anne has a great way of capturing fleeting emotion and using light/color to convey so much. I’m having a hard time picking a favorite – do you have one?


Next post, I will include some of the sillier shots...I think I ran out of dignity at some point during the afternoon...

2 comments:

AJELA Ladies said...

Amazingly beautiful photos!
I think you are reading, Tales of a Traveler by Washington Irving.

Betsy said...

Very clever of you! Unfortunately, the only fabulous prize I can offer is a round of applause and my esteem :)