Blogging is srs bsns, guys. If that last post was too heavy on the wordage for you, here's an eye candy post - the new hood I made last week.
Is that not adorable!? I made it using this pattern from a German magazine from 1859. Reasons I am proud of this:
1. It was my first time ever using an original pattern (and just look at that pattern! It is not very clear and I am the Queen of Literal).
2. I hand-quilted the inside. I am not a quilter. I am especially not into geometry. The lines are all basically at right angles and that makes me happy.
3. I got the wool for $6 a yard and the silk for $4.50 a yard. The batting and ribbon ties (which will be replaced with ties made out of the lining silk) were from my stash. That means this baby cost me the low, low price of $10.50.
It's a good thing I got it made, too - I have a reenactment next weekend and they're predicting the possibility of snow. Considering it's 60 degrees and gorgeously sunny outside, I'm hoping the forecasters are wrong...