Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's A Major Award!





In a first for this blog, I've been given an award! Not just one award, but three awards! Many thanks to my dear friend and kindred spirit, Ada, over at Of Woods And Words for the honor - you all should definitely go check out her stuff, she never fails to enlighten and amuse.

I read blogs avidly, so I am aware of some of the etiquette involving awards, if not the finer details. Supposedly, I need to pass them on, so I'll send these along to the inspirational Rachel at Her Heart In History, Biz of Biz And The Bungalow, and Emily of Emily's Alpine Path.

Also, I apparently need to reveal five things you might not know about me. So here we go!

  1. I dislike coins. Severely. Especially pennies. They gross me out. I don't know what it is, but ever since I've been little I've been grossed out by them. You know how sometimes you're walking barefoot through a house and you STEP ON ONE!? I HATE THAT! It's not to the point of not being able to handle them at all, but it's not fun.
  2. My first job ever was making Helga Hats for the Minnesota Vikings. My church youth group director owned a textile company, and this was when the Vikings were actually winning, so I was hired to hot-glue those horns onto the hats. I still have scars on my fingers from the hot glue. It was the best job ever.
  3. I have a twin sister, which many of you probably already know. We were undiagnosed multiples - my mother did not find out she was having twins until she went into labor. I (the smaller baby) was hiding behind my sister the whole pregnancy. Surprise!
  4. I didn't learn to sew until high school. My mother was not sewing inclined, though she taught me how to do things like run a seam, hem a skirt, patch jeans, and put on buttons. I didn't learn to use a machine until I took Clothing Tech I and Clothing Tech II in high school.
  5. I didn't learn to knit until I was in college. Again, my mother was not a knitter. I took it up independently in college - and unbeknown to me, my twin sister took it up on the same day as me.
I'm working on my next post, as an after report of this event that I went to last weekend. Suffice it to say, it changed my life. I'm looking forward to telling you all about it!

1 comment:

One More Stitch said...

Congratulations! You deserve all three awards!